Monday, November 10, 2008

Passion, Pain and Joy Part 2

I breathed and continued to breathe. I carried on day by day, looking and searching, waiting, hoping. I looked for it but I found a black hole, very dark and empty, where it once dwelt bouncing and waiting for me to bounce with it. Still, I breathed and kept on looking day by day.

Then, one morning I began to see the clouds dispersing. I could breathe somewhat easier. The day seemed to bring a glimmer of hope. I could feel passion somewhere out there. Without warning it went away and without warning it peeked at me out of the dark and muggy blackness of my surrounding.

"Why did you go away? Where did you go? Will you come back and stay to play?"

I was not prepared for the reply when it came.

"You drove me away."

"Me? How? What did I do?"

Fear is a terrible thing. It drove me away when you embraced my enemy. It had you gripped in its gnarled talons so tightly you were choking and knew it not. You cannot have the both of us within you. Embrace and entertain one or the other, we cannot both exist together.

I now understood the flight of passion which caused me pain. I found joy for I now understand why it left and how I can prevent it from leaving again. I feared and drove passion away. In came pain to keep fear company. Wow, what an insight.

My dear friend, let me not forget to embrace you, passion, alone and discard fear from ever having a grip in my life. Stay and let's forge ahead without fear.

With that, passion floated in once again and we danced our dance of joy. Fear and pain were waved away like the annoying housefly that served no purpose at all.

No comments: