Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Dreaded Block... er .... Blog?

How ironic can it be if one word means you'll be constipated and nothing comes forth from you and another that means you're there ready and willing to spew forth miles and miles of letters all stringed together however artistically or not into some coherent thoughts. That's precisely what these two words mean to me: Block and Blog.

To have a blog means you're ready and willing to put thoughts to words for whatever audience or readers who are willing to spare 5 or 10 minutes of their precise time and attention to read your blog. However, to have a block means just the opposite - no output of anything at all or anything coherent. What a dilemma if you are a blogger who's having a block at the moment and which can lasts from a day to eternity. That will result in a blocked blog. Do you know how absolutely ridiculous that sounds? In any case, at least the condition or situation has a name to it. Imagine this entry in the blog:

Today's blog is blocked.

or

Today's entry is a blocked blog.

I'm laughing so hard I almost fell out of chair. It's so hilarious I can cry. In fact, I am crying because it's very sad for a blogger to be blocked. A writer or blogger prays it never happens to him/her but it's inevitable that it will come sooner or later like a common cold.

What are we to do when it finally hits us?

Do we go round and round our computer mumbling, "Blocked, blocked. What am I to do? I'm so blocked and I've got to blog."

Next: The remedy.

No comments: