Monday, January 10, 2011

Prelude to 2011 Resolutions

I can't believe it. I just reviewed my 2010 resolutions. I did not fulfill even one of those resolutions I made. Well... maybe the last one I was able to do. I can't say I did not reflect and think because I must have done some of those throughout the year. I can safely say I did do some reflection and thinking for "I think, therefore I am" and "I am, therefore I think".

Then, what did I do throughout 2010?

I have done things that were totally different from what I have written down that day. For instance, I have enrolled myself into a Masters programme and was busy with that. I changed my hard disk. I was busy with teaching, preparing lessons, marking assignments. You can see they were everything I needed to do but not what I put down as my resolution to do.

I also went back to review 2009 resolutions. I remember simply working on that one. Just putting down whatever that came to my mind, on a wimp, just for fun and without thinking. I got 15 down promising to add more but did not get round to doing it. So, it stayed at 15 only but I fulfilled more items in 2009 resolutions than 2010 resolutions. I had silly and easy items so it was relatively not difficult to fulfill the majority of it as compared to 2010 Resolutions. All of those in 2010 were serious business and tough to work through.

So, with that said. I'm going to approach 2011 with what I've learnt in 2009 and 2010. Balancing and moderation and not be too perfect or over ambitious. On with it then....

2011 resolutions here I come......



No comments: