Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 Resolutions

My priority for 2011 is to doing "first things first" and not to sweat the small stuff. No doubt there are things I wish more time on especially things that I'm interested in but they are not on my top 3 priority list. Ok, here goes ...


  1. Better use of time (time management)
  2. Spend more time reading learning materials and finish first reading well before third month.
  3. Spend time on leisure reading; finish reading one book in one and half months.
  4. Tidy your computer desk; never have or leave papers there for too long. Clear them as soon as possible. File them away as soon as possible.
  5. Store away the newspaper clipping collected.
  6. Reflect and think on Turncoat and others.
  7. Reflect and think of The Gift, The Voice
  8. Look into your the cupboards every now and then to check on the things there.
  9. Make a list of all the books in your bookshelf.
  10. Give yourself two hours of happiness each day in the things that releases your mind from stress and routine.
  11. Journal as frequently as you can if not every day.
  12. Check this blog every other day.
  13. Check the blogs I'm following on this blog every other day.
  14. Learn a new word.
  15. Learn how to use a new word.
  16. Update on Deadly Plot on new developments.
  17. Get some exercise every day if possible.
  18. Get enough sleep every day.
  19. Finish what I started.
  20. Learn something new every day.
  21. Think and reflect on all the projects on my plate.

Twenty-one is actually not bad. I'm not looking for numbers anyway just workable and doable resolutions. I suspect some will be easy to fulfill and then I can cross them out come this year end and there will be some that will be really touch and go, not too certain whether they'll get done. I'm looking for high percentages of fulfillment and not sweat the small stuff. Reflection is reserved for the year end annual prelude to the next year's resolution.

In the meantime, I'll let this year's resolution stay at twenty-one and not promised to add more but not fulfilling it like last year. Live and learn.

So, that's it. May all your 2011 resolutions be fulfilled. A little too unbelievable, I know but then, you can't fault a person for wishing, could you?

Happy 2011 and have a great time going through it.



No comments: