Thursday, November 04, 2010

Sixteen Days?

I'm doing math again. If thirty days and one thousand six hundred and sixty-seven words per day was alarming numbers, the following will just blow the mind. Yes, I'm talking about something more intense and more stressful than 30 days.

If you think 30 days and 1667 words each day are stressful, then four thousand words in 16 days would be just outrageous. The image of the writer in Stephen King's 'The Shinning' keeps popping up in my mind as I'm doing the math in this 4000 words per day for 16 days. The total of this makes a 64,000-word novel which gives one room for edits, cuts, trims and polishing until it's a shining (pun intended) piece of work. I'd be crazy to go for it.

After reading some writer's routine, how they write and the writing process they go through I'll have to do some real thinking and planning. Character charts, outlines, scenes, ending, beginning chapters, settings, point of views, and lots more. Yikes!

So, is it sixteen days or thirty? Well, first thing's first. I've got to plan to plan and I'm on it as soon as I get my assignments out of the way. Urgent assignments and I'm on it.

Ciao.

No comments: