Wednesday, December 30, 2009

End of 2009, Beginning of 2010

Well, 2009 is finally drawing to an end. I went through a whole year of newsworthy items in this morning's newspaper. I laughed some, cried some, some I'd rather not know about, some I forgot and didn't wish to be reminded about and some I really don't want to dwell too much about. As usual the year had its ups and downs and mind you those in the papers this morning were global stuff. I'm affected by global events but more to the personal happenings.

2009 wasn't entirely a happy year for me. There were more downs than ups but I'm grateful that there were up moments and they were in a higher percentage on the good side than on the bad side. There were really down moments that I remember and can't help a little sob and sadness over them. The important part, however, is I'm able to ride over them and in spite of them I'm still standing grateful for all that I've gone through. I thank my God for the strength He has given me to go through it all and basically unscathed but stronger and better for the experience.

I stand at the threshold of 2010 with a bit of trepidation. There are some things I wish that will go a certain way, in a different direction or with some change in result but then it's dangerous to change the future because it can affect the past. Or is that the other way around, changing the past can affect the future. Oh well, I can do neither. What I can do is affect the present to a certain extent. The rest I will leave it to my good friend to help me where He sees fit.

So, that's about it for my year-end blog entry. Till next year comes rolling in I'll be signing off for 2009. Cheers.

Actually, I kinda like the sound of 2010. It sounds much better than 2009. Twenty ten. I like it and hopefully when 2010 draws to a close I'll have a brighter year-end blog to write.

Twenty ten. Here I come.....

No comments: