Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Quaked Again

It was past midnight and I was doing some studying when I felt my chair shake. The floor rumbled and quaked. I thought I was hallucinating from studying and staying up so late. I got down on the floor to try to feel the quaking 'cause I was not sure whether it was the floor or was it just me. Whoa, I felt it and I thought I was going to faint. I laid down on my stomach, prostrating myself to really feel the movement but then it stopped. I couldn't feel anything anymore.

When I got back to my chair the thought, 'Earthquake' came to my mind. Then my thoughts went to the people in Sumatra as that place immediately came to my mind.

Weirdest experience of my life. Never went through such a thing in my whole life. Two major earthquakes in the same area in a matter of 3 months, it's so frightening.

Some people slept through the whole episode. Many people rushed down from the highrise apartments when they felt the tremors. Thank God no more tsunamis!

And again, tell me what you were doing at that moment.

No comments: